Sunday, March 9, 2014

Memories of June

There are two things I miss most about coast, the ocean and blackberries.   Although not nearly the same, the abundance of lakes, rivers, and streams satisfies my need for the water.  The local berries, on the other hand, can't hold a candle to plump, juicey blackberries.  Though not nearly as tasty, A and I did pick a ridiculous amount of service berries last year to wash and store in the freezer.  
Baked up in a crisp and topped with a dollop of whipped cream, these berries taste of summer all over again. 

1 comment:

  1. Yum! I have one jar of blackberry jam left that I am coveting...it's a long time still until blackberry season. Also, I think you have a new excuse to make your way to us in August for some mega-blackberry picking, yes? XO

    M.

    ReplyDelete